Saturday, September 28, 2013

Welcome to Paleo!

Paleo this.  Paleo that.  Tired of hearing about this so-called awesome Paleo diet and want to learn more?  Great!  Well, as a newbie myself, I hope to pass along what I know so far and all that I learn as I go Paleo.  I began this journey in February 2013, learning of Paleo from a co-worker.  I had been food challenged to say the least.  Edamame, avocados, and dates had never crossed my palate.  I found the challenge of new recipes addicting.  Pinterest definitely helps!  Being the sole provider of food in my household, my poor husband was forced to be along for the ride.   Lucky for me, he's not picky and will try anything once.  So we started.  And never turned back.  I started gradually, by replacing one meal per day with Paleo.  We quickly realized how much better we felt and didn't have the desire to 'cheat' anymore.  And the rest is history.  Basically, Paleo is a diet high in meats, vegetables, and fruits.  The premise is to rid your body of grains, preservatives, and highly processed foods.  Therefore, if my husband and I do 'cheat', we are strictly gluten-free.  I'm excited to help you feel better and improve your health through diet.  Make the commitment.  I'm here for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment