Monday, October 21, 2013

Herb-roasted Turkey Breast

 
Herb-roasted Turkey Breast
 
1 boneless all natural turkey breast
3 T. olive oil
1 T. thyme
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1 T. parsley
1/4 tsp. sage
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup white wine
baby carrots
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  For this recipe, I used my Le Creuset cast iron pot.  Line the bottom of the pot with baby carrots and white wine.  As luck would have it, I was out of white wine.  So I compromised with 1 bottle of Redd's Apple Ale, which worked just fine! Blend your herbs (either dried or fresh) in a food processor or in my case, my Magic Bullet.  Mix this with the olive oil to make a paste.  Coat the turkey breast, making sure to keep the twine intact around the breast.  This will keep it together while cooking.  Bake at 350 degrees until done.  Read your turkey label to adjust cooking times based on the poundage of the bird.  After baking, cut the twine with scissors, slice, and arrange on platter to impress your dinner guests!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment